Dates of Program
US Summer of 2014
Applications are now closed for summer 2014. We are in the process of evaluating the applications and will inform students asap.
UF Chemistry International Research Experience for Undergraduates:
The International Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program is a 12 week program based in France. Participants will spend most of their time working with graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, staff, and other undergraduates on a well-developed research project under the mentorship of an experienced faculty member
sponsored by the University of Florida and is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The US/France REU Program
Research in chemistry research at one of three research sites:
- Toulouse : University of Toulouse and related research laboratories
- Strasbourg : University of Strasbourg and related research laboratories
- Paris : University Pierre and Marie Curie
The host group and research advisor is assigned after acceptance into the program.
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a previous research experience
- Students with appropriate research interests and majors in Math, Engineering, Physics, the Biosciences, Chemistry and all STEM areas are encouraged to apply
- Pre-professional (Medical, Law, Dentistry, Veterinary) students are NOT encouraged to apply.
- Applications : (submission accepted through January 15th 2014)
- Summer REU: May - August 2014
- Poster - ACS National Meeting & Exposition March 22-26, 2015 Denver, CO
Stipend consists of $5400. Housing is provided by the host program.
Additional funds (up to $800) are provided to travel to an orientation workshop and the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society